As a supervisor I aim to:
- Help you become increasingly aware of your own responses which are generated during the counselling process
- Develop your knowledge base and link theories to practice
- Foster growth in your counselling skills
- Help manage your caseload
- Help maintain your professional practice
- Support you
What does the supervision provide?
Supervision provides the context in which the supervisee can feel understood, supported and challenged as well as instructed and assisted in their counselling work. This is a space for reflection that will allow you to find ways to understand and help your client constructively. Often creative means are used to tap into the unconscious material that maybe part of the dynamics between the therapist and the client.
I work with both trainee and experienced therapists. Supervision model can be CBT or integrative, to meet the needs of the therapist.