This may be helpful if you have identified that there is a particular issue you want to work on, such as:
- Relationship breakdown
- Coping with redundancy or work related stress
- Overcome stuckness in failure to achieve or succeed
- Develop better understanding of self
- Develop better understanding of other people’s point of view
- Learn to express your emotions in a healthy way
Or a skill or ability that you would like to develop, such as:
- Self confidence
- Self esteem
This work is carried out in an environment where your views, values and opinions are respected. Advice is not given but you may be given strategies, techniques and ways in which you can achieve relief from the stresses that are exacerbated by your current situation.
I practice Brief Solution Focused Therapy which is a goal directed way of working, involving you to be an active participant in your own recovery. Usual number of sessions in this form of therapy is 6, although sometimes this may vary slightly.